The Administration Department is headed by the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) who is the head of the organization and is statutorily appointed under the Community Charter pursuant to sections 147 and 148.
The department is responsible for:
- Managing city operations and programs
- Providing guidance and direction to senior managers in other departments
- Serving as the link between Council and operations by assisting Council in establishing and implementing policies through municipal staff and ensuring that all departments are working toward the same goals and objectives as Council
- Performing various statutory responsibilities and coordinating higher-level organizational policy
- Coordinating Council meetings and minutes
- Communicating the activities of Council
City Hall is open 8:30 am to 4:00 pm Monday to Friday. City Hall is closed daily from 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm.