Debbie grew up in Salmon Arm and graduated in 1984. She and her husband Bruce raised their three girls (Kailey, Robbi and Tessa) in the Shuswap. Debbie owned a flower shop for 16 years, and later was the floral manager at Safeway. Debbie continues to work in her husband's business.
She served 3 terms on council from 2005 through 2014 and was appointed to the Interior Health Board from 2015 through 2017. Debbie is excited to be elected to council 2018 and is looking forward to the next 4 years.
Debbie has always been a very active volunteer in community events such as Women's Esso Hockey Nationals, Olympic Torch Relay, Rick Hanson 25 Anniversary man in motion tour.
Debbie would like to see Salmon Arm Host the Senior Games in the very near future, she believes our community is up for it.
In her spare time, Debbie enjoys photography, paddling, curling, boating and spending time with her grandchildren.
- Development and Planning Services Committee
- Columbia Shuswap Regional District Rep. I (Alternate)
- First Nations Partnerships / West Bay Connector
- Shuswap Recreation Society
- Shuswap Watershed Council
- MIABC Voting and and Alternate (2nd Alternate)
- Rail Trail Liaison (Alternate)
- Salmon Arm Fall Fair Liaison
- Deputy Mayor - April 1, 2023 to June 30, 2023
- Deputy Mayor - October 1, 2024 to December 31, 2024
- Deputy Mayor - April 1, 2026 to June 30, 2026