Property Tax Deferment

Once you receive your property tax notice, you may be able to apply to the Province of BC for a low interest loan to pay the current year property taxes on your principal residence.

Learn more about the Provincial property tax deferment program, including eligibility and how to apply, at or by sending an email to

Please note that:

  1. You must pay Utility service charges/user fees (ie. Garbage, Recycling and Food Waste user fee) to the City of Salmon Arm as they are not eligible for deferment.
  2. All penalties, interest and any arrears and/or delinquent property taxes must also be paid.
  3.  Remember to claim your home owner grant with the Province of BC

Homeowners can phone 1.888.355.2700 or for in-person assistance, attend a ServiceBC Office for further information and/or assistance.