The City is seeking six (6) citizens-at-large with an interest in community development to join the Official Community Plan (OCP) Bylaw 4000 Review and Rewrite Steering Committee for a term of two (2) years, with an anticipated commencement in September, 2023.
The purpose of the OCP Review Steering Committee is to support and assist Council to ensure that the revised OCP document is reflective of and connected to the public input process. Familiarity with the City’s OCP Bylaw No. 4000 is recommended and would be a definite asset anyone seeking to join the Steering Committee (www.salmonarm.ca/ocp2024)
The scope and activities that the Committee will undertake are as follows:
- Assisting in the development of the OCP engagement plan with a consultant
- Approving the consultant’s proposed engagement plan
- Monitoring the effectiveness of the engagement plan
- Making recommendations to the consultant on amendments to the engagement plan
- Sharing information on the engagement plan and encouraging public participation with their respective constituencies or networks
- Sharing draft plan content with their respective constituencies or networks
- Providing guidance to staff in the drafting of OCP policy in accordance with the public input received
Interested individuals must be:
- Reasonable familiar with the current OCP document and the purpose of an OCP;
- Available and willing to volunteer time to Steering Committee meetings (~1/month in 2023 and 2/month in 2024);
- Equipped with and comfortable using technology to meet and share information electronically; and
- Interested in or possessing a background in community development.
Council will select and appoint Steering Committee members. The Terms of Reference and Application form for this Committee are available on the City website (www.salmonarm.ca/ocp2024).
Additional information may be obtained by contacting the undersigned. Interested individuals should submit a written application complete with a resume. Applications must be received by 4:00 pm on September 15, 2023.
Gary Buxton, Director of Planning and Community Services
City of Salmon Arm
500 – 2 Avenue NE, Box 40, Salmon Arm, B.C. V1E 4N2
Phone: 250.803.4015 Email: email@example.com