Property Tax Notices for the City of Salmon Arm have been mailed. If you are the registered owner of property within the City of Salmon Arm and have not received your 2021 Property Tax Notice, please contact the City of Salmon Arm. Whether or not you receive a property tax notice, it is your responsibility as the property owner to pay taxes by the due date of July 2, 2021 in order to avoid a penalty.
Payment is accepted at City Hall, Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:00 pm. Payment may be by cash, cheque, debit card, or your bank’s telebanking/online bill payment service. Or mail payment to Box 40, Salmon Arm, BC V1E 4N2. Post-marks are not accepted as proof of payment. Partial payments are accepted.
A late payment penalty of 10% will be added to all unpaid balances of current taxes (including unclaimed Provincial Home Owner Grants) and unpaid Annual Water/Sewer accounts at the close of business, July 2, 2021.
Here are some options to eliminate waiting in line:
- Post-Dated Cheques - You can pay your City of Salmon Arm property taxes and utilities with a personalized cheque post-dated to the due date.
- Internet & Telephone Banking –For property taxes, use the City of Salmon Arm Property Tax vendor and the last eight digits of the roll number (e.g. 01234567) which is printed at the top right hand corner of your tax notice. To pay utilities, use the City of Salmon Arm Utilities vendor, and use the thirteen digit account number from your utility bill. (e.g. 0001234567000). Use no spaces, decimals, or dashes in the account number.
- Payment Drop Box – Located to the left of the front door at City Hall. Payments are processed promptly each morning (Monday to Friday). Any payments put into the drop box after 4:00 pm on July 2, 2021, will be considered next day payment and subject to penalty.
- Your Mortgagor (Bank) Pays Your Taxes - Avoid a penalty by claiming your Grant with the Province of BC as soon as you receive your tax notice.
- Claim Your Home Owner Grant Online through the Province of BCEffective 2021, all Home Owner Grant applications must be submitted directly to the Province of BC at www.gov.bc.ca/homeownergrant or by phone at 1.888.355.2700.
To avoid penalties associated with problems with your Home Owner Grant, claim your Grant with the Province of BC as soon as you receive your tax notice. Don’t wait until the tax due date! If you are unable to pay your property taxes, you should still claim your Home Owner Grant on or before the due date to avoid penalty on the Grant portion of your taxes.
2021 TAX & UTILITY DUE DATE – JULY 2, 2021 4:00 PM
Phone (250) 803-4000