On the Lake
Keep our lake beautiful!
- When you're enjoying a day on the water, remember to bring a bag for garbage and an extra re-usable grocery bag to transport your recyclables home.
- Cardboard boxes that contained water toys (i.e. air mattresses, etc) are recyclable in your curbside recycling.
On the Shore
Having a picnic at the beach?
- Bring an extra reusable grocery bag for transporting recyclables home.
- Plastic containers for condiments, store-bought salads, etc. can be placed in your curbside recycling .
- Hot dog and hamburger bun bags are recyclable ONLY at the depot. Depots are located at the Salmon Arm Landfill* and Bills Bottle Depot*.
- Beverage containers are recyclable at Bill's Bottle Depot*.
- Disposable propane, butane, and other gas canisters DO NOT go in your curbside recycling or to the depot because they are a hazard to collection and sorting staff. Take these to the Salmon Arm Landfill for proper disposal.
On the Town
Heading to Wednesday on the Wharf or going for a stroll downtown?
- Look for our street recycling containers!
- Don't forget that paper/plastic hot/cold drink cups can be recycled, but please empty any remaining liquids first!
- Please do not recycle plastic straws – put them in the garbage and avoid using them whenever possible
- Tent poles are not recyclable in Salmon Arm! Check RecycleBC or call the recycling hotline at 1-800-667-4321 regarding disposal information for camping materials.
- Propane, butane, and gas canisters DO NOT go in your curbside recycling or to the depot because they are a hazard to collection and sorting staff. Please take them to the Salmon Arm Landfill for proper disposal.
Curious about what goes where? Check RecycleBC or call the recycling hotline at 1-800-667-4321 for disposal information.