Annual sprinkling restrictions within the City of Salmon Arm are in effect from May 15th to September 15th.
The sprinkling regulations allow sprinkling 2 days per week based on the last two numbers of the house (or business) street address, between the hours of 7 AM to 11 AM and/or 7 PM to 11 PM. For clarification in mobile home parks and strata developments, please call City Hall at 250.803.4000.
SPRINKLING HOURS BY STREET ADDRESS
- No sprinkling on Monday
- 00 – 33 Tuesday and Friday only
- 34 – 66 Wednesday and Saturday only
- 67 – 99 Thursday and Sunday only
Rules applicable during Sprinkling Restrictions:
- Hand watering by a container or hose with self-closing nozzle is allowed at any time to water flower baskets, shrub beds or vegetable gardens
- Washing a vehicle in driveway is only allowed with a pail and self-closing nozzle
- Having a sprinkler on for kids to run through is NOT allowed
- Washing down a driveway or walkway is NOT allowed
Customers with automatic underground irrigation systems are allowed and encouraged to water lawns between 12 AM (midnight) and 7 AM on the appropriate days instead of the 7 AM - 11 AM or 7 PM - 11 PM periods.
The use of the City water supply to irrigate areas greater than ½ acre is NOT permitted on any property.
Your co-operation in adhering to these restrictions is greatly appreciated. Residents are encouraged to conserve water wherever possible. Failure to comply with these restrictions may result in a $50 fine per occurrence, metered water rates, or a discontinuation of service.
City of Salmon Arm Engineering & Public Works Department