On the Lake
Keep our lake beautiful!
- When you're enjoying a day on the water, remember to bring a bag for garbage and an extra re-usable grocery bag to transport your recyclables home.
- Cardboard boxes that contained water toys (i.e. air mattresses, etc) are recyclable in your curbside bag.
On the Shore
Having a picnic at the beach?
- Bring an extra reusable grocery bag for transporting recyclables home.
- Plastic containers for condiments, store-bought salads, etc. can be placed in your curbside bag.
- Hot dog and hamburger bun bags are recyclable ONLY at the depot. Depots are located at the Salmon Arm Landfill* and Bills Bottle Depot*.
- Beverage containers are recyclable at Bill's Bottle Depot*.
- Reusable plastic containers (i.e. Tupperware) DO NOT go in your recycling.
- Disposable propane, butane, and other gas canisters DO NOT go in your curbside bag or to the depot because they are a hazard to collection and sorting staff. Take these to the Salmon Arm Landfill for proper disposal.
On the Town
Heading to Wednesday on the Wharf or going for a stroll downtown?
- Look for our street recycling containers!
- Don't forget that paper/plastic hot/cold drink cups can be recycled, but please empty any remaining liquids first!
- Please do not recycle plastic straws – put them in the garbage and avoid using them whenever possible
- Tent poles are not recyclable in Salmon Arm! Check Recyclepedia Website or call the recycling hotline at 1-800-667-4321 regarding disposal information for camping materials.
- Propane, butane, and gas canisters DO NOT go in your curbside bag or to the depot because they are a hazard to collection and sorting staff. Please take them to the Salmon Arm Landfill for proper disposal.
Curious about what goes where? Check Recyclepedia Website or call the recycling hotline at 1-800-667-4321 for disposal information.