Property Tax Payment Options
Pay your property taxes and apply for the Home Owner Grant before the first business day in July every year to avoid a penalty. We recommend paying through your bank or signing up for monthly prepayment to take the stress out of taxes.
- Internet or Telephone Banking
- Prepayment Plan
- Drop Box
- By Mail
- In Person at the City Hall
- By your Mortgage Company
Internet or Telephone Banking
Search for "Salmon Arm" (taxes) as a payee and use your roll number found on your tax notice as the account number without the decimal. Do not include the first three digits (322).
The Property Tax Prepayment Plan is an optional payment plan which provides an opportunity for taxpayers to make 10 equal monthly prepayments for the follow year's estimated property taxes. For more information, visit our Prepayment programs page.
The drop box is beside the main door entrance. Payments via cheque or money order can be left in this deposit box. Remember to write your tax roll number on your cheque.
- Send a payment and the Home Owner Grant application (if applicable) to City of Salmon Arm, PO Box 40, Salmon Arm, BC V1E 4N2.
- Write the roll number on your cheque and ensure that the cheque is payable to the City of Salmon Arm.
- Post-dated cheques are accepted.
- Mail lost or delayed by the post office will be assessed with a penalty if late, postmarks are not considered as the date of payment.
- Mail in a post-dated cheque early to avoid penalties.
- In the event of a postal disruption, please utilize alternative payment methods to ensure that payment is received by the due date.
In Person at the City Hall
Methods of payment accepted are:
- Cash, cheque and debit card
- Money order
- Post-dated cheque payable to City of Salmon Arm
Our hours of operation are 8:30 am to 4:00 pm, Monday to Friday (excluding statutory holidays).
Please ensure both your payment and your home owner grant application are completed in full before seeing the cashier.
By your Mortgage Company
- If it is your mortgage company's intent to pay your property tax, a Mortgage Code will be shown on the top right of the property tax notice.
- The Home Owner Grant application (if applicable) must still be completed and returned to the City of Salmon Arm by the due date.
- Please ensure that your mortgage provider is aware whether or not you are claiming the home owner grant each year.
- The City of Salmon Arm is not responsible for errors made by mortgage providers.